The Piqua Fire Department is
attempting to avoid a "Burn Ban" by asking everyone to
be EXTRA CAUTIOUS due to the extremely dry environmental
conditions that we are experiencing
To avoid a "Burn Ban"
there are some rules that need to be followed closely:
1. No fires larger than 3' in
diameter by 2' tall
2. All outdoor fires contained by fire rings, pits or chimineas
cannot be conducted within 25' of a structure or combustible
material (i.e. trees, shrubs, fences, grass)
3. Conditions which could cause the spread of fire within 25'
must be eliminated prior to ignition
4. All fires and hot ashes must be continually supervised until
the fire is completely extinguished
5. A minimum of one (1) portable fire extinguisher, garden hose,
water barrel or other extinguishing agent sufficient enough to
extinguish the fire must be on site and readily available
6. Open Flame devices, including cigarette, cigars, matches must
be properly extinguished prior to disposal. Extreme caution
should be used when discarding smoking materials
7. Charcoal or any open flame cooking device must be continually
attended to while in use
8. Avoid starting any fires during windy conditions
It is very important to follow these simple rules to assist in
preventing unwanted fires.
Please be considerate of your neighbors and surroundings
In the event an unwanted fire occurs, immediately report it to
Piqua Fire Department or call 911.
For more information about Fire
Safety call the Piqua Fire Prevention Bureau (937) 778-2015 or
Ohio State Fire Marshal 888-276-0303.